No standards related to this article.
Which collection of standards looking snap this site for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students should be able to write an easy story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that today, they can draw and color a photo about something that makes them happy.
- Let them have time to brainstorm some topics.
- Provide them with several ideas such as for instance animals, toys, games, favorite food if they are stuck and can’t think about anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose a topic of great interest to you personally.
- Draw a picture to go with it. Show the learning students the way the drawing does not have to be perfect.
- Demonstrate for the students how you will choose words that describe your picture.
- Make a listing and write those expressed words in the board.
- Use 2-3 of the words in a sentence.
- Show the students how the sentences relate with the image.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the students to consider several words that tell concerning the picture they drew.
- Have them write the expressed words on lined paper.
Independent time that is working
- Tell the students to think about sentences that tell about their pictures before they start writing.
- Have students turn and talk to an elbow partner to spell it out the thing that is important for them orally using details that are relevant
- Ask them to write 1-2 sentences about the image.